Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Latest Poker escapades

". . . if you're too careful, your life can be a [F**cKn'] grind . . ." ~Matt Damon in Rounders

Ok, yesterday I kept getting bad beats, or more precisely, none of my hands were worth calling, especially when the guy to my right kept raising astronomically pre-flop. at one point i did call 15 post flop b/c i made middle pair, w / a Jack kicker, but then this guy raised to like $70. my guess is if he was that aggresive, he didn't have top pair, but who'd risk $70 to win $25 - $30. Poker after all is about fattening your pigi bank, so it's more sensible to win one enormous pot as opposed to a multitude of small ones. maybe he was hoping that I'd be a loose player, and he'd just still my pot, which was paltry relative to his. if you're too aggressive, you're perhaps cheating yourself out of a multitude of rewards, but are you concurrently exposing the tight players as well? The Best Poker player i've seen in a televised event is Matt Cherackal (sp)? Some say he plays tight, but I say he plays smart. there's a difference

No comments: