Tuesday, May 29, 2007

cell phones: don't leave home w / o 'em???

"don't forget, i came from nothing, while i like these toys, i can live w/o them" ~vinnie chase

who had it better, the flinstones or the jetsons? with the emergence of these nascent technologies have we become more sophisticated or more dependent on an excess of material needs? i remember a point in time when mobile phonese were luxuries and the only person who owned one was zack morriss. today, the've become necesseties, and it's almost foolhardy to leave home w/o one. on sunday night, i attended a graduation party w / my family. the party was a rather bore, and i had brought w / me neither my ipod nor my mobile phone. so i had the option of relying on nothing other than my innate patience to carry me through the party. so i guess it's still plausible not to be completely dependent on these perpetually updating toys, eh?

No comments: